Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 01:58:23 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Karteczka" <jerkart@mw.mediaone.net>
To:        <itojun@iijlab.net>
Cc:        "Shoichi Sakane" <sakane@ydc.co.jp>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <core@kame.net>
Subject:   Re: racoon issue with freebsd 4.2 + ports

>>> Here is the output when I try to make the port:
>
>>> cc -O -pipe -g -I. -DIPSEC_DEBUG -DIPSEC -DINET6 -Wall -c policy_token.c -o
>>> policy_token.o
>>> In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:476,
>>>                  from policy_token.l:39:
>>> /usr/include/netinet6/in6.h:367: syntax error before `.'
>>> *** Error code 1

> it looks that, in some of your header files, ro_dst is redefined to
> something else.  if you could, please diagnose who is the culprit
> (on normal freebsd installation there should be no conflict but on
> your system somehow there is).
> cc -E can help.

> itojun

I can't figure out how to pass the -E option to cc from the initial port make,
but here is what I get when I modify the Makefile for libipsec and try the make:

[/usr/ports/security/racoon]# make
===>  Configuring for racoon-20010222a
(cd /usr/ports/security/racoon/work/racoon-20010222a/racoon/../libipsec; make)
Warning: Object directory not changed from original
/usr/ports/security/racoon/work/racoon-20010222a/libipsec
cc -E -O -pipe -g -I. -DIPSEC_DEBUG -DIPSEC -DINET6 -Wall -c policy_token.c -o
policy_token.o
policy_token.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/racoon/work/racoon-20010222a/libipsec.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/racoon.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/racoon.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/racoon.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/racoon.

If I can provide you with any information that would assist you in helping me
track this down let me know.

Best regards,
Jeremy