Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2013 18:09:37 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GENERIC kernel issues

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 11:43 -0800, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> ** PHYSADDR/KERNPHYSADDR hardwiring.  Ian has made a
> lot of progress and I'm working on some related changes to
> address this.  I think we understand how to eliminate these
> constants and replace them with run-time detection of the
> load address.  I'm still not sure what changes might be needed
> to the loader to make this work.

I don't think anything more needs to be done to the loader to be able to
load a kernel built with the ldscript changes, beyond the change I did a
week or two ago to make it work right with elf headers that contain
physical addresses.

On the other hand, I haven't got anything to offer on the problem of the
loader needing to be linked differently for each board or SoC, since
they all have physical memory in differing address ranges.

-- Ian