Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:16:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        "Ceri Davies" <ceri@submonkey.net>, "Rudolf Cejka" <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>, freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Cc:        hrs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with new web design

Let me comment on a little item somewhat below (the sgmlnorm part):

On Thu, November 3, 2005 13:10, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:36:04PM +0100, Rudolf Cejka wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I'm working on the new web design translation and I have found
>> several things:
>>
>> - There are problems with links "Skip site navigation" and "Skip
>> section
>>   navigation" in html files generated from sgml, because sgmlnorm
>> converts
>>   referenced places from <div id="content"> / <div id="contentwrap">
>>   to <div id="CONTENT"> / <div id="CONTENTWRAP">, but referencing
>> places
>> are.
>>   Explorer seems to be case insensitive, however Mozilla and Lynx are
>> case
>>   sensitive and for them the links are broken.
>
> Yeah, that's sucked for ever.  I have no idea why sgmlnorm does that,
> but you can't stop it.

Not by sgmlnorm indeed, but a newer version of tidy is capable of doing
so. Hiroki Sato was looking into this and it's one of my open PR's....
(hrs CC'ed)

What was said at the time that we only needed to merge the --preserve
option and test away after that. So we can solve this, not by sgmlnorm
but via tidy. The only difficult item is that there is no normal
version of tidy anymore. The current tidy is not maintained anymore and
there is a devel version available which updates every x period of
time.

@hrs: idea's?

--
Kind regards,