Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 2020 13:24:51 +0200
From:      <driesm.michiels@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Current state of recent wireless cards

Hi Wireless mailing list,

I'm in search of a laptop to run FreeBSD on. I'm currently eying on the
Thinkpad T490 or T14.

I was wondering what the current state of the following wireless cards is:

*	Intel Wireless-AC 9560 (T490 wifi card)
*	Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (T14 wifi card)

After some initial digging I found that the AC 9560 is support, although
only up and until 802.11g?

Is this still the current state for the AC 9560? Regardging the AX card I
found an open review in  <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24421>;
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24421.

Was wondering what the status of those patches are and if they will/can be
merged soon?

The reason for me getting the T14 is ofc a newer version of the laptop and
updated CPU's.

But besides that and AX support for the future I don't see any extra value.

IIRC integrated graphics of intel 10th gen should still be supported on
FreeBSD (Thinkpad T14).

Dries