Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:35:11 -0700
From:      Walt Pawley <walt@wump.org>
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SMP???

To whom it may, but most probably does not, concern:

At the FreeBSD home page, when one clicks the link for i386 under Platforms
one is taken to the page at ...

http://www.freebsd.org/smp/index.html

... which is most probably entirely appropriate AFAIK. However, while not
perusing the article but simply scanning through quickly, it seems to me
that the TLA (Three Letter Acronym - like you needed that) SMP is never
expanded. IMHO, it should be (I'd prefer the term "must" over "should", but
since it isn't it clearly mustn't). Being somewhat of an old fart, I find
that TLAs often have multiple expansions in my brain and having at least
one, early, prominent expansion in an article allows me to ascertain
whether I want to keep reading or am just wasting my time attempting to
fit the given TLA into the swirling melange of TLA dopplegangers careening
about inside my skull.

--
Walter M. Pawley <walt@wump.org>
Wump Research & Company