Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:09:04 +0200
From:      Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beagleboard stuff

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:27:33PM +0100, Mark Murray wrote:
> Hi *

Hi Mark,

> I'm keen "go embedded". I have a Beagleboard-xM, and I haven't had the
> time I'd like to do much with it.
>
> A fellow called Ben Gray has done some of the work to get FreeBSD
> working on this unit, but used FreeBSD-8 as a base. I've taken his
> work and made it compile on current (mostly). He had some hacks
> (beagle_brintf, beagle_panic etc) which I've removed, along with some
> stuff (that may have broken things) in PMAP.
>
> The diffs are in http://people.freebsd.org/~markm/src.beagleboard.diff.
>
> Is this of any use? :-)

yes it his :) armv6/v7 support has been wanted for a long time now.
However, there's been ongoing discussions with Mark Tinguely, raj@ and others
about how to handle the MMU differences between <= v5 and >= v6, and I think
the consensus was we should create a new pmap_v6.c file, maybe using kobj as
is done in the ppc port. Maybe now is a good time to do so :)

Regards,

Olivier