Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:29:37 +0300
From:      "Andrew L. Neporada" <andr@dgap.mipt.ru>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   maximum mfsroot size limit

Hi.

I have a problem with very large mfsroot filesystems in FreeBSD-4.9.
100Mb mfsroot fs boots and works fine, but 128Mb fs with the same
content cause immediate reboot after 'Booting kernel in xxx seconds'
line.

Kernel config is GENERIC minus some unneeded things.
Box with 1Gb of RAM is booting from IDE flash device (DiskOnChip).
I've tried to bump MD_NSECT, but it doesn't make any difference.

				Andrew.

P.S. I'm sorry if I am asking in the wrong list.