Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:43:02 +0100
From:      Tobias Lange <einbecker@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microuptime() went backwards

Hi!

> Have you enable APM in your kernel?

I am using a slightly modified GENERIC, and i haven't changed anything in
there. But, I found the following line in the kernel-config-file:

device		apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management

If I comment this line out, that should turn APM off, right?

> In the past there was trouble with
> microuptime(), APM and one of the x86 architecture processors (IIRC AMD ...
> but not for sure).

Hm - I AM using an AMD Athlon - so that might be the reason. Thanks a lot -
I'll see if it works.

Thanks again,

Tobias Lange