Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:47:46 +0100
From:      Karsten Rothemund <karsten.rothemund@uni-rostock.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend-to-disk

--------------enig39469E417991AA160388BE43

Carsten Zimmermann wrote:
> Hello Karsten,

Hi Carsten,

> while there's no direct support for software STD, you can still use
> hardware STD if your BIOS supports it (= `sysctl hw.acpi.s4bios` is
> set to "1". You can then std with `acpiconf -s 4`.

Ok. Intersting info.

> Refer to you BIOS documentation on how to configure a STD partition. My
> laptop runs with a Phoenix BIOS und uses a tool called "HDPREP(EZ)" for
> std partiotion creation. Unfortunately I have not got it running so far
> :(

This might be a problem, because DELL do their own zhing here (own BIOS
and there are different tools to create such a partition).

But in principle it will have a chance to work. So I will give it a try.

Greetings

--

Karsten Rothemund,
Institut f. Allgemeine Elektrotechnik, Universitaet Rostock