Date:      Mon, 1 May 2006 13:14:43 -0600
From:      Ken Gunderson <kgunders@teamcool.net>
To:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nvidia onboard vs. gmirror perfomance

Howdy Folks:

I've been using gmirror for quite some while now and it's worked well
for me.  However, I was wondering how it performed in comparison
to nVidia onboard raid offerings on various nforce boards that FreeBSD
now supports.

For example, the fbsd-adm64 mainboard support page links to this dmesg
for a Sun X2100:

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?q=93531>;

The part relevant to the task at hand being:

"The onboard raid is fully functional to me (WD Raptors instead of the
stock seagate disks). I made a bonnie test which showed imressive
perfomance, but slightly hight CPU usage."

Is anyone aware of any benchmarks comparing the nvidia raid1 to gmirror?

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?