Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:44:20 +0300
From:      d e a t h <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Applying bind8 port

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 11:52:17AM -0700, Byron Young wrote:

> Target machine has ports package installed and the make package
> is properly? installed. However, the target machine's original
> install was 3.1-RELEASE from the Walnut Creek CDROM and 3.3-RELEASE
> was cvsup'ed from ftp.freebsd.org.

After cvsup finished updating your sources, did you 'make world' in /usr/src
to install the new release?  I seemed to have the same problems (a simple
invocation of 'make' would fail) in netcat's port directory, until I realized
that building the latest ports with FreeBSD 3.0R is not the Right Thing(tm).

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"Curse me if I'm wrong, but don't you want to Slang me?"