Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 15:05:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        gibbs@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freezes/Reboots with -current ahc driver

> what backup tool are you using when it crashes?

I am using amanda 2.3.0.4 as the backup program which in turn uses
dump.  None of the drives are mounted via NFS.

I do have APIC_IO turned on.

After I turned on the comconsole and ddb stuff I found out that it was
panicing (it looks like in the SMP stuff).  The controller card is a
3940UW.  I did have toi patch the mp_machdep.c file for the PCI-PCI
bridge.

The panic message is:

apicIPI is stuck
panic(cpu#0):

boot() called on cpu#0

What should I look for in DDB??

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request