Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:07:44 GMT
From:      bruce_weitzman@mail.proctornet.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X11R6

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.8 on one of my machines at school.  Over my spring
break, my computer was unplugged by the school maintenance department.  When I
got back 3 weeks later I found that I had a dead HDD and some bad ram.  I fixed
those problems but now I'm having problems with X Windows, root is the only
user that is able to keep X Windows open.  When I try to start X Windows using
startx as a regular user, the screen just flashes for an instant and then goes
back to the csh.  It just says waiting for X Server to shut down.

Thanks,
Bruce Weitzman

"Transforming Lives for 150 Years"
Proctor Academy