Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:44:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        chrismar@peanut.readington.com (Chris Martino)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86 and DSL

Chris Martino wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I've got 2 questions.
>
> 1) While putzing around my box today it seems that I've delteded
> /usr/X11R6/include .  Now, I know the files in there aren't necessary to
> run X, as I'm doing it now, but as for making new X programs go...forget
> it.  So.. what do I have to do to get that directory back?

Well, of the files in the 2.2.6 distrib of X 3.3.2, I believe
that all the /usr/X11R6/include files are in these tars:

X332lib.tgz
      85     680    6546
X332prog.tgz
     227    1816   17101
X332upd.tgz
       3      24     235

So the best bet is to extract from them.

If the first CDROM is mounted on /cdrom, then

#! /bin/sh
DIR=/cdrom/XF86332

cd /usr/X11R6

tar xzpf $DIR/X332lib.tgz 'include/*'
tar xzpf $DIR/X332prog.tgz 'include/*'
tar xzpf $DIR/X332upd.tgz 'include/*'

Should do the trick.

If you don't have the cdrom, email me off-list, I tested the preceding
and will have the files laying around for a few hours. About 365KB
compressed. I could stick it on the web or email it.

Dave
--
         Bedford County, PA -- 47,000 polite, friendly Appalachians,
                4,000 of whom have concealed-carry permits.