Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:49:03 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ioctl question

I've got a probably stupid question about ioctls.  I need to add a pair
of them for network iterfaces and I've figured out how the _IO{R,W,RW}
macros work, but I can't seem to figure out how you choose the unique
number you pass to them.  Is there a central table somewhere or do you
actually have to grep /usr/src/sys to find the largest one?  On a
temporary basis, I just stole the numbers of an ioctl my changes are
obsoleting, but since that breaks code I don't have the hardware to test
fixes for, it's not going to cut it for an actual release.

Thanks,
Brooks