Date:      Sun, 10 May 2015 09:33:43 -0700
From:      Thomas Skibo <thomasskibo@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Heads-up regarding arm/armv6 snapshot builds

> On May 10, 2015, at 8:26 AM, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> We should just turn your u-boot changes into a port.  (Hmm, wasn't =
there
> a licensing question on one of the files it needs, though?)

Most of the patches I put in crochet (in board/ZedBoard/files) deal with =
the earlier version of the gcc cross-compiler that crochet uses.  They =
probably  no longer necessary.

The files you=E2=80=99re thinking about are the board-specific =
ps7_init.[ch] files generated by Xilinx tools.  The tools now generate =
two sets of files, one with a GPL license and one with a BSD-like =
license.  I included the BSD-like files for crochet. The files need to =
be dropped into a directory so that u-boot gets the correct hardware =
initialization for the board.  I=E2=80=99d like to include ps7_init =
files for other boards too (MicroZed, Zybo) and tweak the Makefiles so =
that the proper ones are moved or soft-linked (into =
spl/board/xilinx/zynq) during the configuration.

=E2=80=94=E2=80=94=E2=80=94
Thomas Skibo
thomasskibo@sbcglobal.net