Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:30:15 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        "Joao Assad" <assadj@psi.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvsup question

On Tuesday 13 March 2001 13:58, Joao Assad wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just did a cvsup and something weird happened. It upgraded my source tree
> to 4.3-BETA and not 4.2-STABLE as intended. Im using the tag RELENG_4 just
> like it says in http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cvsup.html .
>
> Does anyone know why that would be happening ?

Yes ... It's because 4.2-STABLE has the source code locked.
There is going to be a release candidate. and finally 4.3-RELEASE. later this
month. The  CVS tree has 4.2 frozen and renamed 4.3beta It will turn into
4.3-STABLE. RELENG_4 is still the right tag to track stable.

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - Network Manager - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510