Date:      Fri, 11 May 2007 16:46:26 -0500
From:      WizLayer <wizlayer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem updating Freebsd ver 6.2

--nextPart2531285.YTJQjhubp3

On Friday 11 May 2007 11:23:11 am Simon Castillo wrote:
> Hi Gerard:
>
> I tried your suggestion and I still have the same result.  It updated
> couple more files, but the error (missing library) is still there.
>
> Any other suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Simon
>
> Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net> escribi=F3: On Fri, 11 May 2007
> 01:45:47 -0500
>
> WizLayer  wrote:
> > I could be wrong as I haven't used portmanager in a while (and that
> > was only a short time)...  I believe that by default, portmanager
> > doesn't update dependencies more than a depth of 1 (maybe two?)
> > unless you use the -p flag. Then it updates dependencies all the way
> > back?  A quick 'man portmanager' should verify this as I don't have
> > it installed anymore.
>
> Yes, update your ports tree and then run:
>
>  portmanager -u -l -p
>
> You can substitute the 'f' flag for the 'p' one if you want to redo the
> system.

Top posting is generally considered rude, just so you know...

Any rate, your next option is to locate the missing library, figure out whe=
re=20
your app thinks the library should be, and then ln to it so that your app=20
sees the link...

Any particular reason you're using portmanager (I haven't used it recently,=
=20
but have had bad experiences with it in the past.  I'm one of those who=20
prefer portupgrade).  Of course, I'm not saying this is a fault with=20
portmanager.  I honestly don't know.  I was just wondering why you were usi=
ng=20
it (ie maybe it's been matured enough that I should check it out again).

Don't know what else to tell you.

WizLayer

=2D-=20

Life is better with a BSD.