Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:08:27 -0500
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "'Ariel Burbaickij'" <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: cvsup ports-all question

I may be way off base with a solution here, but.... you DO know what when
you're tracking the ports for 3.x you need to track -current, not -stable,
right?

For example, I have two cvsup configuration files.  One for the sources,
one for the ports.
In my source CVSup file, I have:

*default tag=RELENG_3

While in my CVSup.ports file I have:

*default tag=.

If you try to cvsup the ports tree with teh RELENG_3 tag in there it will
successfully wipe out all files in your /usr/ports tree.

The information on this I *believe* is on the cvsup pages on www.freesbsd.org

If I'm way off base, then feel free to ignore :)

Thanks,
John