Date:      04 Sep 2002 13:25:37 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Referendum on the recent Mozilla changes

It has been brought to my attention by that I did a bad thing with the
recent Mozilla changes.  I realized I didn't give much notice to ports@
about this change, and I apologize.  I did clear things with portmgr@,
though before the change.

My question is this: would it be better to leave things the way they
are, have www/mozilla track the quarterly stable releases, and have
www/mozilla-devel track the _latest_ release (e.g. 1.1)?  Or, would it
be better to do things like the way gcc does it?  For example, create a
www/mozilla10, www/mozilla11, etc.?

I feel that the -devel model _can_ track the upcoming Mozilla releases,
while giving users a choice as to which version to run.  However, since
I didn't ask before, I thought I'd solicit some feedback before the 4.7
ports freeze.

I don't want to start a flame war or a long meandering thread.  I want
some honest feedback short and to the point.  Thanks.

Joe