Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:17:50 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenH323 Core Dumps and gdb reports ptrace(PT_GETDBREGS)

Hi

Since cvsup'ing -current box, I've got a port which
core dumps immediatly.

When I tried to run a debug version of the program under
GDB I just got this

ptrace(PT_GETDBREGS) failed: Operation not permitted
ptrace(PT_GETDBREGS) failed: Operation not permitted
Cannot insert breakpoint -1:
Error accessing memory address 0x28260ea8: Bad address.

The port is net/OpenH323 and the program is asnparser.
(an internal program built by one part of the port and used
in another part of the port)

I noticed bento (the ports builder) core dumps on asnparser
too now, so the problem is not just on my machine.

The code runs fine on 4.2-RC and 3.x boxes.

Can someone help work out what is going on.

Cheers
Roger
--
roger@freebsd.org