Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 07:32:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        Jeff Bond <jeff@pixelfusion.co.uk>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd. org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RAM requirements for 3.3-RELEASE installation

I was trying to install 3.4 on a 8MB machine last month and having no
luck.  The installation hung up while fsck'ing the disks.  Then somewhere,
I ran across a reference saying the install needed 12MB RAM.  So I
scrounged up 4x4mb, plugged it in, and then the install completed
sucessfully.  Supposedly, the system will now run on less RAM, but since
I've got in there now, I've no motivation to try it on less...

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com