Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:34:24 -0500
From:      "Sweeney, Barry" <SweeneyB@ncr.disa.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade from 2.2.1

I have version 2.2.1 on my system and I want to upgrade to a newer version
(especially to take advantage of all the Y2K bug fixes). I have the CD-ROMs
for the 2.2.7 version, but the text files seem to say that the upgrade
utility is less than perfect. Can anyone recommend the best version for me
to upgrade to. I have some experience with Unix, but this will be my first
attempt to experiment with FreeBSD. I bought the book "The Complete
FreeBSD", but it does not have much about upgrading FreeBSD. I was not
involved in the original installation of the OS. Any help is appreciated.

Barry Sweeney
DSI Engineer
Sweeneyb@ncr.disa.mil