Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 21:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@grep.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Colorado 250MB

 Hi,

 I have been trying all sorts of config combination to make
 my kernel to be able to probe the Colorado 250MB tape drive.

 I have 1.44MB 3.5in drive & Colorado tape drive which are
 connected to on-board floppy controller (my machine does not
 have 5.25in drive.)

 Following is my entry in the kernel config for that floppy
 controller:
 controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
 disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
 disk            fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
 tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2
 (Believe or not I tried all possible combination of assinging drive numbers
  to each drive... Also I tried the rebuilt kernel with commenting the entry
  fd1. But I could not succeed on that matter.)

 Following is the information during the boot process:

 ---------------------------------------
 fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
 fdc0: [0: fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in]
 ---------------------------------------

 As you realize only my 3.5in floppy drive is configured.

 If you have similar experinece like me, would you respond me
 on this matter?

 By the way I am running FreeBSD2.0R..
 I am also wondering whether my case is known problem in
 FreeBSD2.0 or not.

 Thanks.

 Regards,
 --Uh