Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:44:50 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        John Brown <jbrown@vafibre.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QPopper -- Host Name Lookup

John Brown wrote:

>  Can someone tell me how to turn this feature off. I keep getting an error
> everytime someone checks their mail that say's "unable to get canonical name
> of client..."
>
> Thanks

This isn't your problem.  You are getting this error message because
reverse DNS lookup of the client's IP address failed.  If you are an ISP
and your client's are using dynamic IPs then add a mapping to something
so that their dynamic IP resolves (like ppp1.vafibre.com for example).

regards
damian

--
*    Damian Hamill   M.D.       damian@cablenet.net