Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:17:03 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
Cc:        Alexander Tatmaniants <alex@UkrCard.Kiev.UA>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disappearing ports

At 11:31 AM -0600 12/11/97, Edwin Culp wrote:
>This is a little confusing.  What are the differences en RELEASE_2_2_5
>and RELENG_2_2 as a tag for cvsup?  I didn't know about the
>RELEASE_2_2_5 and am still RELENG_2_2.

Tags like RELENG_2_2 are branch tags. The value retrieved by the tag
is the latest update attributed to the branch.

Tags like RELEASE_2_2_5 represent a particular state.

RELEASE_2_2_5 is the state of the RELENG_2_2 branch back in late
October when FreeBSD 2.2.5 was released. Since then, additional
corrections and improvements have been make the the 2.2 (aka -STABLE)
branch.

Richard Wackerbarth