Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 1995 07:47:43 -0500
From:      L Jonas Olsson <ljo@amcell2.caisr.cwru.edu>
To:        root@io.cts.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Error building xvnews, cuserid?

 The history of xview is that I did the FreeBSD 1.* port/package,
Scott Mace did the patches for FreeBSD 2.* port, I did the 2.*
package.

 I don't know why xview has problems with:

    XView warning: Problems setting default modifier mapping (Server
    package)

It systematically doesn't occur with X Inside's X server
(X11R4) with XFree86 I sometimes see it and sometimes not.

 The other message is a missing piece of the port. It used to be
fixed in the 1.* port.

    System warning: No such file or directory, extras menu file
    /usr/lib/./usr/X11R6/lib/.text_extras_menu (Textsw package)

A simple patch could easily fix this.

Jonas