Date:      Sun, 04 May 1997 14:54:42 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Jimbo Bahooli <moke@sucks.to.be.you.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advansys driver

>	I am interested in when the advansys drivers will be ready for
>prime time.  The cards look really nice, and cost less then their adaptec
>friends.  So what is the status on these drivers?

I wrote a partial driver for the ADV5140 late last year, but it relies
on changes to the SCSI layer that are only availible on the 'SCSI' branch.
Right now I'm working diligently on a rewrite of the SCSI layer and will
pick up the Advansys driver again when I complete that task.  I wouldn't
expect any movement on the AdvanSys drivers for another two months, at
least from me.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations