Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:42:24 -0000
From:      "Yung-Ching Chang" <yc_chang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Enquire for X-Windows on FreeBSD 4.2

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am sorry to&nbsp; bother you. Due to I spend a lot of time for configuring X-Windows and I couldn't success on it. First of all, I used "SuperProbe" to get the details of graphic adapter. Secondly, I use "/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config" to setup my X-Windows configuration. After that, I ran the "startx" command. But the system will be held, and&nbsp; I have to turn my computer power off. Even though I follow the instructions from <A href="http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/x-install.html">http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/x-install.html</A>; . It still doesn't work.</DIV>
<DIV>However, I think my graphic adapter's specification should be as: Chipset: ATI Rage Mobility, Memory: 8192 K bytes. But I think I really did something wrong. As a result, could you please kindly guide me how to solve this problem? Thank you very much for your kindly help!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>