Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:04:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Agent Drek <drek@MonsterByMistake.Com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3 simple bsd questions (man, ~ and moused)

|2.  What does the '~' after a filename mean?  Is this a deleted file
|that can be undeleted?  I tried man file, filename, ~, undelete, and

vim uses that as a edit-backup. foo.py foo.py~ and foo.py~ will be an
older version. Other programs may do this as well. For configuration
files I keep a .orig eg: hosts.orig

I've seen you posting alot about trying out different editors so I'll
assume that's what your ~ files are.

--
<those-quick-backups-could-save-your-butt>-ly y'rs,

    Agent Drek

Monster By Mistake Inc > 'digital plumber'
http://www.interlog.com/~drek