Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        andre@pipeline.ch (IBS / Andre Oppermann)
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Homedir 'hiding'

> My question is now: what can I do that the telnet users cant see
> the other homedirs (don't tell me 'rm -R *' ;-)).

If you don't want them to know the home directories exist then you're
out of luck -- they're listed in /etc/passwd
(or your YP maps, whatever).

if you just want to fool 'ls' then go a level up and do
    chmod 711 .
in other words, if home directories are off of /home then
    chmod 711 /home
means  ls /home
won't work.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org        http://www.river.org/~dhawk
"Excuse me, I have to use the toilet.  Actually, I have to use the