Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:13:48 -0000
From:      "John Kellett" <John.Kellett@relmat.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation problems

Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on an old 486SX ISA bus system.
I intend to do an internet install.
I have downloaded the current boot.flp and made a boot diskette. The system
boots fine to the point where I am asked to configure...

I have a 3C509B combo network adapter with default settings.
I have an Adaptec AHA 1548B with the only hard disk attached as device 0.
The floppy is being driven from the AHA1548B's floppy controller.
There is also some unknown vga video card in there.

In visual mode I delete all devices except the AHA154x, floppy, 3C509 and
console.

When I then move onto saving the configuration I -never- get past the blue
"probing..." screen.
On console 2 I see that the floppy, network, and hard disk have all been
recognised. The system is not locked as I can switch between consoles
easily.

The last message on console 2 is :
"DEBUG: Found a DOS partition da0s2 on drive da0"

Any clues ??

JohnK