Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:09:21 -1000
From:      "Art Neilson, KH7PZ" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@logisticsoftware.co.nz>
Cc:        dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: whereis(1)

Ahhhh, the correct answer!!  I read the manpages and saw that whereis
searches for manpages along $MANPATH however I couldn't find the bogus
symlink in any directory referenced by the $MANPATH in my environment,
i.e. echo $MANPATH yeilds:

/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/usr/local/man

I was not aware of /etc/manpath.config  !!!  Thanks a million
Jonathan for pointing this out.  It wasn't a big problem but it was
irritating nonetheless.

--
   __
  /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.