Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:30:42 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <egrosbein@rdtc.ru>
Cc:        "net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ip_output: NAT then IPSEC

On 14. Jun 2012, at 16:42 , Eugene Grosbein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How do I make FreeBSD 8-based router/NAT/security gateway
> first perform NAT for outgoing packets then apply IPSEC transport mode
> for plain TCP traffic?
>
> Presently, locally originated packets are encrypted just fine
> but routed and NAT-ed packet go out unencrypted.
>
> I use ipfw nat.

You NAT on your inside interface; ipfw can do that; pf cannot, so you are
lucky.  I have done it about 5-6 years ago.

However these is on caveat:  you need a SP for both the before-NAT (which
you normally do not want) and the after-NAT packets and you usually cannot
do that unless you control both sides of the tunnel.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!