Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 08:54:27 -1000
From:      "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@neilson.ddns.org>
To:        rafie@innocent.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Availability & Cost

Ummm $40 is a small price to pay IMHO for such a fine OS however if
you purchase just the 2.2.6 installation CD from Cheapbytes the cost
is a meager 4.99.  Remember, for this cost you do not get the other
3 CD's that the Walnut Creek distribution comes with - the bootable
FreeBSD system CD and the 2 ports collection CD's.  Cheapbytes also
has the Walnut Creek 4 CD set for $23, a bit cheaper than the $40
Walnut Creek charges.  Click on the URL below to check out Cheapbytes.

http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

I bought my 4 CD set from Walnut Creek and also Greg Lehey's great
book ;^) on FreeBSD.  Walnut has a great deal where they will send
you the releases as they come out every 6 months or so and charge
your credit card directly $25 for a subscription.

http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/freebsd.htm

I can't understand the postings lately regarding the price of the
FreeBSD CD's.  Why is $40 so expensive to some people?  Are they
saving up their allowance money for their purchase?  Geez, rake
a few yards or mow some lawns or something...

Rafie wrote:

> Hi,  I am interested in trying FreeBSD.  The CD from Walnut Creek is too
> expensive and I have been downloading it at home now for over a week.
> It seems like I will never get a chance to install it.  Is there  less
> expensive way to get the CD?
>
> Thank you
> Raphael
>
> E-Mail:
> rafie@innocent.com
>
> Address:
> 3110 Mahogany Dr.
> Boynton Beach FL, 33436

    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
  /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
 /  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
                      -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
 Arthur W. Neilson III
 Bank of Hawaii Tech support
 art@neilson.ddns.org