Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 10:57:25 +0100
From:      jg@euronet.nl (Jan_Guldemond)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sources

Hi,

I need to rebuild my kernel, because of some changes to be made in
irq-settings. On the ftp site (mirrored in my own country) only 2.0 and 2.0
(SNAP 10-2) are available.

Which version of FreeBSD do you recommen to use for a Internet-server. It's
very improtant that the system is 24 hours a day available. So I can't use a
buggy FreeBSD version. Also the machine is located in a builiding with no
personel, so when the systems crashes I have to drive over.

Should I use 2.0, 2.0 (SNAP 2-2), 2.0 (SNAP 10-2), or 1.1.5.1. I've heard
that 1.1.5.1 is much more stable than 2.0 (and the SNAP's). Is this true?? I
don't use much of the facilities, only the daemons used for an
Internet-server, so I don't need the newest version if an older version does
what it has to do for me.

Any suggestions on what version to use? PLEASE REPLY, so I can make up my
mind using your suggestions.