Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:26:54 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chrome processes stuck at 100% cpu [Re: svn commit: r272566 - head/sys/kern]

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:35:52PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> The bug fixed by this commit is causing chrome processes to get stuck
> spinning at 100% CPU on my FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE laptop -- chrome is
> trying to read the kern.proc.pid.# sysctl (I think in order to get the
> status of a crashed rendering process) and it's going into an infinite
> ERESTART loop.
>
> Is anyone else seeing the 100%-CPU-usage chrome problem?  It seems to
> be triggered by a crashing chrome rendering process, and I don't know
> what's causing that, so it's possible that this isn't affecting many
> other people.
>
> Konstantin, if this turns out to be affecting a lot of people, do you
> think we could get an errata notice for this?
I would not strongly object against EN, but this is underqualified
bug for the releng branch, IMO. The issue does not affect the system
integrity, since the looping process must be killable.

If secteam agrees to spent the time on this, why not ?  But IMO it inflates
the meaning of the releng branch.  For the 'new suport model', this
would have clean resolution, but for 10.x I am not sure what to do.