Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:35:15 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VLAN support in FreeBSD

Is VLAN support now standard in recent versions of FreeBSD (4.x through
4.3-STABLE)?  I've been looking through mail archives and net documents and
most mention patches to FreeBSD to make it support 802.1q VLANs (and many
of those patches are NIC specific).

We're currently running Linux with VLAN support but are running into
hardware/software issues.  FreeBSD has shown itself to be stable and strong
enough to support our current environment but when it came time to
implement VLANs (months and months ago), nothing "stable" could be found,
only experimental patches.

Any information would be appreciated.

Oscar