Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:15:22 -0400
From:      (Webmaster Jim)
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        ache@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lynx port

On Oct 9,  7:53pm, Chuck Robey wrote:
} On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:
} > On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
} > > The lynx port changes sources incredibly often, so the port changes too.
} > 	Hmmm, wouldn't the filename change if it's updated?  I guess maybe
} > the lynx port just updates too fast for the port to keep up with it but
} > Audrey does do a superb job of maintaining the port...
} This last time, the dist site added the new .tar.gz file (they previously
} only had the .zip file) but usually, no, the name stays the same.  I gotta
} figure this drives Andrey nuts.  The file changes so often there was some
} discussion about removing the checksum altogether, but it didn't happen.

FWIW, the lynx2-6 "release" hasn't changed since Sept 2nd. Foteos
Macrides has gone on "vacation" from his one-a-day release schedule.
Lynx 2-6 is being revised along autoconfig lines, but I don't know
what the future holds as far as versions of Lynx.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"