Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:01:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: termcap

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> I finally installed FreeBSD on my PC. Have had this partitcular problem
> for awhile, but never really needed to fix it until now. I cannot telnet
> into a BSDI 2.1 system. It tells me:
>
> tset: terminal type cons25 is unknown

Try ibm-pc3, or is it ibmpc-3, something like that.  We converted the last
of our BSDI boxes to FreeBSD several months ago, BSDI is just a vague
memory to me now. :)

The other option, if you have root access to the BSDI box, is to add the
cons25 entry from FreeBSD's termcap to the termcap on the BSDI machine.
Or just add cons25 to the ibm-pc3 entry, that'll give you /most/ of the
functionality.

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@diamond.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD