Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:33:33 +0100
From:      a@jenisch.at
To:        a@jenisch.at
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X dies after portupgrade (5.2)

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:05:08AM +0100, a@jenisch.at wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After doing a complete portupgrade as of yesterday (Feb 10, 2004)
> (cvsup ports-supfile, pkgdb -F, portsdb -Uu, portupgrade -arR) for my
> 5.2 System X dies upon startup with error messages like

I finally found the cause of the problem myself:

during "portupgrade -arR" several gnome-related things didn't
compile. So the gnome-related stuff seems to be in a very unpleasant
state to say the least.

I've taken my question to the "freebsd-gnome" list - maybe somebody
out there knows an answer.

-ewald