Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 20:49:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
Cc:        Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>, shocking@bandicoot.prth.tensor.pgs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lists of libc APIs for *bsd &linux

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth wrote:

> > Since this is right now a glide specific project perhaps a piecemeal
> > approach to implementing this shim is appropriate.  The little I've looked
> > at the glide libs shows; freebsd's nm can show all the important
> > symbol info (externs) and our ldd can show the share object dependencies.
>
> That's exactly what I'm doing. Unfortunately, ldd spits the dummy. I think
> I'll be using code based on objcopy for modification of symbol names and
> dependent libraries.
> >
> > How goes it with a native /dev/3dfx?
> >
> Not as well as I'd like. It follows the structure of Daryll Strauss'es code
> OK, but when glide is initialising, after getting the number of cards, it
> tries to pass a structure for some I/O which has some garbage values in it. I
> don't know if the structure is packed differently or what. Most frustrating.
> If I can beat this shim into shape, then we can have hardware accelerated
> OpenGL while I tinker with the device driver. Grrr. Have a Voodoo 1 myself. Am
> also waiting for someone else to do the mtrr code for AMD K6-2s.

Why do you REALLY need this so badly? If you make me a good case, I'll stay
up REALLY late and do it tonight. Deal?

> 	Stephen
> >

> --
>   The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.
>
>     "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
>      the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
>      this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/