Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:22:13 +0300
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/40979: mod_php security fix breaks PHP 4.2.2: variables not passed

Hello, Chris Shenton!

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 06:10:08AM -0700, you wrote:

>  > Pilot error! (c)
>  >
>  > Check your /usr/local/etc/php.ini file.
>  > There should be at least:
>  > register_globals = On
>  > register_argc_argv = On
>  Doh! Yes, changing register_globals from default Off to On fixed this.

>  I had a php.ini-dist and no php.ini, so it sounds like the defaults
>  have changed between php versions.
Yes. Starting from 4.2.x series. Read release notes on php.net more
carefully.

>  Does enabling this put me at risk from the recent security hole?
No. But you should better read PHP manual and don't use this form of
parameter recieving (it may cause abuse if script is written unclean).

http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php

--
NEVE-RIPE
Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group