Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 1997 15:35:34 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Tecra 730 keyboard problem update

>Now that I have got the network card working to my statisfaction, I
>am running X.  I have seen two keyborad lockups so far.  One did not
>respond to any of the shift/control/alt keys so far as I can tell but
>it also did not clear on server reset.  The second one I did not try
>the shift/control/alt keys but it did clear on server reset.
>
>I did notice each time that there was a "click" of the disk drive
>almost as if there was a disk sync just as the keyboard locked up.

I have little idea why the disk activity occurs like this.  Well,
syslogd may be logging something (to /var/log/messages by default).
Do you see any unusual log messages? However, the syscons/psm/kbdio
drivers in 2.2-BETA don't send log messages to syslogd after the
system boot by default. So, even if you find something, it does not
directly come from the drivers.

>I will keep trying to see if I can get any more information, if there
>is anything anybody can think of that I can try, to trap this problem
>let me know.  Other than the keyboard, it is working great.
>
>Thanks
>

>Brian Beattie                   | From an MIT job ad "Applicants must also hav

Thank you for your report, and I am sorry that I cannot be of more
help to you at this time.

Kazu