Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 19:42:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        mrr@puma.dyn.ml.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCL ports

 * installs 7.3 over it.  It would be possible (and quite easy ;)) to change
 * the pkg_add/sysinstall program to check and see if you have a newer
 * version of TCL installed. Personally, I don't use the TCL port, I use

I agree, but it's not trivial to figure out which version is newer
than what.  (Note that "4.2a" (or "4.2alpha") sorts after "4.2" or
"4.2.1".)

We can make pkg_add ask a question ("do you really want to...") , but
sysinstall needs to be fixed to handle interaction of that sort (or
does it already?).

Satoshi