Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bob Fobian <Bob_Fobian@bausch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help???

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Bob Fobian wrote:

>      This is very confusing....what I want is simply the files to install
>      FreeBSD onto my computer at home. I am at work now on a T1 and can get
>      the files about 50,000 times faster than I could at home, however the
>      "target" computer is at my house, I was planning on using the parallel
>      zip drive here to transport the files home, and do the install there,
>      what can I do, the installation is saying the boot disk will search my
>      computer for hardware and then walk me thru menus, why would I want it
>      to search this computer? I need it on my home computer.

The boot floppy does not support parallel Zip drives.

Some thoughts:

1.  Take the home machine to work. :)
2.  If the home machine has a DOS partition, you can download the files to
    there; see the LAYOUT.TXT and INSTALL.TXT files for info on how to
    layout the files on the DOS partition.
3.  Download the files via modem (slow).