Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 21:12:59 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Allan Alford <aa@eden.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems Opening Packet Filter Device

Allan Alford scribbled this message on Nov 17:
> I have recompiled my kernel, enabling my pseudo-device for the Berkeley
> Packet Filter.
>
> I have used the /dev/MAKEDEV script to create bpf0 - bpf12.
>
> When I run the /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cap.sh program, I get the following:
>
> 1)aarpd loads successfully.
>
> 2)atis reports:
>
> open: /dev/bpfXX: Device not configured
>
> as do a number of other things that follow.
>
> Any ideas?

I've noticed that bpfilter.h header file gets defined to 1 for some
strange reason even though you have it set to 16.. I haven't gotten
enough time to look into the problem with config, so I've just been
editing bpfilter.h to a usable value...

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD