Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:43:03 -0500
From:      "Richard Ward" <mh@neonsky.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BIND 9.1 woes

I just downloaded the BIND 9.1 tarball after hearing about the chaos =
with previous versions. I did run into something odd that I can't quite =
figure out, it's also mentioned in the 9.1 documentation and I'm sure =
some one knows the answer. I managed to start BIND fine, yet digging =
through the logs I ran into this line that makes me wonder.

entropy.c:948: unexpected error:
fcntl(8, F_SETFL, 4): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Could some one shed light on this "problem"? Also, when trying to start =
BIND 9.1, it will start fine as 'named -g', though when I try to 'named =
-u bind -g bind' (so it runs as that user/group) it doesn't launch to =
the background, and fails to start period. Any ideas? (Sorry for all the =
questions, I just moved from 8.X and am still getting used to the =
changes/features)

Thanks.
Richard Ward
mh@maKintosh.com