Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:20:48 -0800
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "Michael Kennett" <mike@laurasia.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Programmers' editor?

Michael...

[you said...]
That's not going to help you (on *BSD at least). I'd have a look at
vidcontrol (1). It controls the screen colours, amongst other stuff.

e.g.  $ vidcontrol  yellow blue

changes the foreground colour to yellow, background to blue.

Read the manpage.... and have a play,

[now I'm telling you....]

Thanks, bud.... sure did mean for anyone to be giving me any help.
But I'll take -- gratefully. I'm finding a lot of similarities
between this "Jurrasic Park" version of Slack and FBSD. I now
understand the comment that the former was/is heavily influenced by
BSD. I'm having fun ( so is the Bayer Aspirin Co.) and learning. I
found a great online ethernet tutorial -- so I'm outta here....

thanks again......duke