Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 14:19:24 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sups from SUP.FreeBSD.ORG not working well anymore :-(

Bob Willcox writes:
> Well, sup has gone from bad to worse for me.  I can no longer get it to
> work at all!  Using sup.freebsd.org I am now getting:
>
> SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file stable-supfile at Dec 14 09:14:46
> SUP: Can't find host entry for sup.FreeBSD.org
> SUP: Will retry in 73 seconds
> SUP: Can't find host entry for sup.FreeBSD.org

This means your host can't resolve sup.FreeBSD.org, and it's now sup's
fault.

> and with sup2.freebsd.org its simply:
>
> SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file stable-supfile at Dec 14 09:27:58
> SUP: Can't connect to server for supfilesrv: Operation timed out

This means it can't make a network connection to sup2.FreeBSD.org, which
is a network problem and again not sup's fault.

The Internet in and around the Bay area is having *lots* of problems due
to the recent storms, so I wouldn't expect everything to work for
awhile.

Nate